Microsoft originally started selling the Lumia 540 in May of this year. The 540 was then the latest edition in the budget-friendly Lumia 500 series, which has historically sold well in India compared to other markets. Now, in anticipation of the upcoming Diwali holiday season, Microsoft India has announced a new buyback program to promote Lumia 540 sales.
With the new buyback promotion, you can trade in your old phone and get a Lumia 540 for ₹7,199, which is ₹3,000 (about $50) off of the standard retail price. Windows Central is also reporting that customers will also receive
“discounts worth ₹3,000 on shopping via Jabong app” and “cashback of your ₹3,000 Mobikwik wallet. The offer can be redeemed over a period of one year, ₹300 ($5) per month.”
The Lumia 540, which debuted with a higher resolution screen and better camera than the 535, includes the following features:
- Display: 5 inch 1280×720 IPS Capacitive Multipoint-touch display with a pixel density of 294 ppi.
- Processor: 1.2 Ghz Quad core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 200 processor.
- OS: Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim (upgradeable to Windows 10 when available)
- Memory: 1 GB of RAM with 8GB of on Storage that can be expanded by a 128GB MicroSD card and up to 30 GB of free OneDrive storage.
- Battery: Replaceable 2200 mAh battery.
- Connectivity: 4G cellular connectivity, USB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n.
- Camera: rear facing 8 MP camera and front facing 5 MP wide angle camera.
- Size and Weight: Height 144 mm, width 73.7 mm, thickness 8.6 mm, and weight 152 g.
The Lumia 540 Smart Buyback offer is available now. You can review Microsoft’s official term and conditions page to see if your current phone qualifies for the discounted exchange of a new Lumia 540.Further reading: India, Lumia 540, Microsoft, Microsoft India