For those who remember, Microsoft held a Surface press event on September 23rd in New York City. During the event, Microsoft unveiled the brand new Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 devices. Now, Microsoft is taking it to the road to offer eager and potential consumers the change to go hands-on with the device.
“The team had so much fun showing off the new gear, they decided to hit the road to give you a chance to get hands on and meet some of the people behind the scenes of Surface. Starting next week in Seattle, we will hold evening events in nine Microsoft stores across the U.S,” Microsoft stated in an official blog post.
Microsoft will be touring across the United States starting the first week of October and beginning in the city of Seattle. Consumers can get some lovely hands-on time with the Surface 2 as well as its accessories. You can also meet Panos Panay, the man in charge of the Surface device and who lead the Surface press event in New York City during the unveiling of the new devices. Here are the locations:
- Monday, September 30, 6:00-7:00pm at University Village, Seattle, WA
- Tuesday, October 1, 6:00-7:00pm at San Francisco Centre, San Francisco, CA
- Wednesday, October 2, 5:30-6:30pm at Westfield Century City, Los Angeles, CA
- Thursday, October 3, 6:00-7:00pm at Houston Galleria, Houston, TX
- Wednesday, October 9, 6:00-7:00pm at Dadeland Mall, Miami, FL
- Thursday, October 10, 6:00-7:00pm at The Shops at North Bridge, Chicago, IL
- Tuesday, October 15, 6:00-7:00pm at The Shops at Columbus Circle, New York, NY
- Wednesday, October 16, 5:30-6:30pm at The Shops at Prudential Center, Boston, MA
- Thursday, October 17, 6:00-7:00pm at The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, Arlington, VA
The Surface 2 is set for release on October 22nd and comes with Windows RT 8.1 or Windows 8.1, depending on the tablet you choose. If you missed the Surface 2 promotional video, we have embedded it for you below.