Way back in 2014, the team over at Microsoft Garage released the Next Lock Screen app for Android devices. Two years later, the app is still in the Google Play Store and continues to show you what’s next at a glance without having to unlock your Android phone. Today, though, the app is seeing another regular update which changes the UI and delivers an optimization of UI elements for a cleaner look.
Overall, the update brings the app to version 3.2.0. The full changelog lists the following changes as part of the update:
- New logo and color scheme. The new logo has a streamlined “N” and expresses the apps identity as a location-based lock screen.
- Notifications: Optimized icons for a smoother look and better performance.
- Launchpad: Minor UI enhancements, added settings to hide contacts.
- Screen timeout bug fixes.
- Bing wallpaper: Update check changed to once ever hour.
The app is pretty nifty and is available worldwide with supports for English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese languages. It is truly the ultimate lock screen for busy professionals and helps protect your phone from unwanted access while still making you more productive. So, if you have not already updated or checked out this app, be sure to check that download link below!