Terry Myerson is Microsoft's Executive Vice President of its Windows and Devices group, making him responsible for apps and games on the platform, as well as devices such as the Microsoft Lumia range. For some, at least, Terry doesn't appear to be liked all that well amongst his colleagues at the company, as shown by a leaked conversation of a somewhat internal discussion amongst various employees.
On an anonymous chat app for enterprise, Blind, following Kevin Turner's departure from Microsoft, employees took to the chat to voice their feelings about Myerson. Just a couple of the messages shared to Business Insider by a Microsoft employee said:
Now we need Terry to go and it will be the best year ever.
Can we do a buy one get one offer? Terry comes free with KT?
Employees also voiced their happiness at Turner's departure from the company. These message leaks come after a shake-up of the leadership at Microsoft, which CEO Satya Nadella is trying to pin down. Here's a selection of some of the leadership changes we already know about:
- Judson Althoff will take control of the Worldwide Commercial Business
- Jean-Philippe Courtois will take over the Global sales, Marketing and Operations group
- Chris Capossela will lead the company's Worldwide Marketing and Consumer business
- Kurt DelBene will lead IT and Operations, in addition to Corporate Strategy
- Amy Hood will also be taking on a full plate, becoming the leader of the SMSG finance team, WWLP and finally, the Central Finance Team
It is quite eye-opening seeing how employees at Microsoft respond to leadership changes, as well as seeing how they truly feel about some of their managers. It gives insight into the feelings at the company, which can be useful in determining certain strategies that it takes year-on-year.