Microsoft has just announced the release of a new update for the Microsoft Edge Insider Dev channel. The latest Dev build, now at version 79.0.294.1 is a relatively small release, but it does introduce a couple of minor new features.
Of the most important new features is a new message which warns users when an extension has an ability to change the search provider, as well as the home page or new tab page. In addition, there is also improved messaging and reporting abilities when navigating unsafe websites. Finally, there is a new button to set up syncing from the profile fly-out.
This release also improves the reliability with loading PDFs and Application Guard windows, and it also corrects a crashing issue with the Collections feature. You’ll also find that Microsoft has fixed the issue where the Read Aloud feature will stop when reading long words. Other improvements in this version of Edge Dev can be seen below:
Dev Channel, Edge Insider, Microsoft, Microsoft Edge, Windows 10
- Fixed an issue where tooltips don’t appear when hovering over links, UI, etc.
- Fixed an issue where Edge opens in Application Guard mode when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue where the various sync toggles sometimes don’t work after signing in with a work or school account.
- Improved the appearance of the Downloads shelf.
- Fixed an issue where the option to open a new tab from the tab band’s context menu appears twice.
- Fixed an issue where various sync toggles appear disabled even though they shouldn’t be.
- Fixed an issue where the button to sign out of the browser is sometimes missing from Settings.
- Fixed an issue where profile pictures sometimes don’t appear in Settings.
- Improved the appearance of the Task Bar icon when using multiple profiles.
- Fixed an issue where users with multiple profiles see a generic icon instead of their profile picture on the Task Bar shortcut.
- Fixed an issue where Tracking Prevention reported blocking trackers from one tab when viewing a different tab.
- Fixed an issue where IE mode tabs sometimes are zoomed improperly when they load.
- Fixed an issue where windows sometimes have a 1px colored line on top of them.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where keyboard shortcuts sometimes don’t work in Collections.
- Fixed an issue where mobile favorites that are imported from another browser aren’t placed in the correct folder.