If you're up and running with Microsoft's new Edge Browser and are in the Dev channel, it's time for an update. Microsoft just pushed out build 80.0.328.4 to you. This build doesn't come with any new features, but there are lots of new reliability improvements.
Microsoft has fixed issues where the browser might crash on launch, and resolved is an issue where closing a tab might cause the browser to crash. Other issues fixed include an issue where installing extensions sometimes leads to a browser crash. The full list can be seen below.
- Fixed an issue where navigating to certain websites crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where Edge crashes on close, causing the Restore Tabs prompt to unexpectedly appear at startup.
- Fixed an issue where only the first Edge window opened in a session is all white with no UI.
- Fixed a hang on launch.
- Fixed an issue where Edge on Mac hangs when a user clicks the Restart button on the Settings page to install an update.
- Fixed an issue where favorites aren’t syncing properly between machines.
- Fixed some issues where videos protected by DRM, such as on Netflix, don’t play.
- Fixed an issue where the Share dialog doesn’t appear.
- Fixed an issue where pinning a website to the Taskbar fails.
- Reduced the number of times sync errors result in a prompt for user interaction.
- Improved the reliability of screenshots so they stop appearing all black when submitting feedback.
Now, there's the changed behavior. Fixed is an issue where extensions that are installed from the Chrome Web Store are not getting automatically updated. Also resolved is an issue where the Taskbar icon for Edge isn’t updated to the new icon for some users. Have a look at the other changed behavior below, and check out the full list here.
- Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows re-open when the browser is started even when the startup settings aren’t set to restore the previous session.
- Fixed an issue where two Edge icons sometimes appear on the Taskbar after an Edge update.
- Fixed an issue where some UI images on Mac have black backgrounds.
- Fixed an issue where the first run experience appears on every new tab for some users.
- Fixed an issue where users in certain countries who are not signed into Windows with a work or school account still are not able to remove “Work” profiles that were automatically added to Edge even after a previous fix for this issue was shipped.
- Fixed an issue where the password save prompt unexpectedly appears when filling out credit card info on certain websites.
- Fixed an issue where the … menu appears truncated.
- Fixed an issue where Edge doesn’t interact properly with other applications that try to show dialogs in the foreground.
- Fixed an issue where using the Mac Touch Bar to switch tabs sometimes doesn’t work properly if the tabs are playing video.
- Fixed an issue where zoom is triggering in Reading View on Mac when it shouldn’t be.
There are still a few known issues still persisting from the last Dev release. This includes where users with multiple audio output devices sometimes don’t get any sound from Edge. We invite you to check out the full details here.