Right on the mid-week schedule, Microsoft has pushed out a new Microsoft Edge Dev build. This release is again a small one, but if you’re using a Mac, it should prove to be useful as it brings fingerprint authentication for viewing passwords on MacOS. Here’s a look at what you need to know and everything that is new in Edge Dev version 93.0.910.5.
We start first with the new features, as always. In addition to the ability to use fingerprint authentication to allow viewing or autofilling a password, there’s another change on MacOS. Microsoft added a button on Mac that will directly appear on certain videos to let users enter Picture in Picture mode. Also new is the Share option in the . . . menu in PWAs or websites installed as apps. Microsoft even improved inking latency in this release, too on devices like the Surface Pro 7+.
In addition to those new features, you’ll find several reliability improvements and changed behaviors. Microsoft fixed crashes with Google Meet, the profile switcher in PWAs, and when navigating to a certain website. The list of changed behaviors are short this week. You can find these below.
- Fixed an issue where certain Settings pages are blank.
- Fixed an issue where the Immersive Reader toolbar is sometimes blank.
- Fixed an issue where icons on the toolbar that have text bubbles on them, for example extension buttons, are clipped or only partially visible.
- Fixed an issue where pinning a website to the Taskbar sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where toast notifications from websites sometimes don’t appear.
- Fixed an issue where the Save/Save As buttons in the Downloads popup aren’t shown properly in certain languages.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where opening a new tab sometimes doesn’t scroll the vertical tabs pane to make the newly-opened tab visible.
- Fixed an issue where irrelevant data is saved by autofill.
- Fixed an issue where user-installed fonts sometimes aren’t displayed correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Guided Switch settings for specific websites sometimes aren’t respected.
- Disabled the ability to customize the site list for Guided Switch on devices that have Information Protection enforced since the functionality is broken in this scenario.
As we say every week, it looks as though Microsoft still hasn’t fixed issues with extensions on Linux, ad blocking exteriors showing playback errors, or tabs crashing with a specific error due to Antivirus updates. Problems with Kaspersky Internet Suite, favorites being duplicated, and wobbling when scrolling haven’t been fixed, either.
That’s all that we have for you this week. But if you’re also enrolled in the Beta branch of the Edge Insider program, you might want to keep your eyes open. Microsoft says Edge version 92 will hit Beta soon! Happy downloading, Edge Insiders!