Microsoft has just released a new Edge Dev Build. Coming in at version 86.0.615.3 this week, there are a few notable added features, including some inking and Collections improvements. Here's a look at that, and everything else you need to know.
We'll be starting first with the added features. In terms of inking, Microsoft has added the ability to use a pen to highlight PDFs. Then, with Collections, added is the ability to get suggestions for Collections from Pinterest and to export Collections to Pinterest. Some of the other added features are below.
- Added the ability to sort items in a Collection by name.
- Added a Paste option to a Collection’s … menu.
- Added support for creating a video reproduction of an issue when submitting feedback.
- Enabled support for the Default Serial Guard Setting management policy from Chromium.
Enabled support for the Serial Ask For Urls management policy from Chromium.
- Enabled support for the Serial Blocked For Urls management policy from Chromium.
- Added a setting for using a secure DNS.
Now, for the reliability and the fixes. As typical, there's a lot here. Microsoft fixed the issue with popups on translation and sign in. Also fixed is an issue where the new tab page might crash. Additionally, the problem where Discord won't load has been resolved, too. Have a look below for some of the other things you need to know about.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling a website installed as an app sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where an Edge hang sometimes causes the entire device to hang.
- Fixed an issue where Edge Insider channels can’t be uninstalled.
- Fixed an issue where browsing data is not deleted when windows for a specific profile are closed (instead, it’s only deleted if all windows are closed) if the option to automatically delete it is enabled and there are windows for another profile that remain open.
- Fixed an issue where websites installed as apps sometimes open in regular tabs instead of their own tab-less windows.
- Fixed an issue where usernames are incorrectly identified as non-username fields or vice versa in autofill suggestion popups.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the video Touchbar sometimes appears on pages without videos.
- Fixed an issue where refreshing a page after it’s been translated prevents it from being translated again.
- Fixed an issue where there is sometimes no dialog confirming that caret browsing mode is being turned off.
The known issues for today's release are the same as last weeks. That includes issues where Edge won't run on Big Sur, the problems with scrolling, ad-blocking extensions, tabs crashing with an error code, and problems with Kaspersky Antivirus. Check the full list here, and remember to let us know your thoughts with this release in the comments below.