Microsoft has just released a new update for Edge Dev Insiders. The fresh update, coming in at 78.0.268.1 introduces an ability to reorder Collections items with the keyboard and also brings other stability fixes.
Alongside the new usability improvements for Collections, today’s update comes with some additional changes for logging features to feedback submission. Now, when users click the diagnostic data link on the feedback submission popup, a new option to attach original files like screenshots will appear for more efficient logging. There’s also a new management policy which will allow history syncing for work or school accounts.
In addition, Microsoft is fixing an issue where favorites weren’t syncing, and where dragging and dropping items on internal pages caused items to disappear. Importantly, there’s even a fix for the problem where webpages installed as apps wont launch.
Other stability and behavior changes can be seen below.
- Fixed an issue where exporting a Collection to Word sometimes crashes the browser.
- Improved reliability when signed into the browser with a work or school account.
- Improved the reliability of starting Application Guard sessions.
- Fixed an issue where certain context menu commands for tabs like “Reopen closed tab” went missing.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to open a PDF in an Application Guard window will fail if there are no other Edge windows open.
- Fixed an issue where the browser’s profile image sometimes isn’t updated if it’s changed in the backing account.
- Fixed an issue where tabs with the Find on Page popup open sometimes have the popup closed when they’re moved to different windows.
- Fixed an issue where opening an app from the Apps page closes the apps page.
- Fixed an issue where the Read Aloud bar sometimes appears transparent.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to open multiple Collections items in a new window opened each item in a separate window.
- Fixed an issue where the context menu inside a Collection isn’t dismissed when a new context menu is brought up outside of Collections.