Microsoft this afternoon pushed out build 82.0.425.3 for Edge Insiders in the Dev Channel. This latest update is the first from the version 82 release, so it is smaller in scope. There aren’t many new features, but there are lots of improvements and fixes. Here’s what you need to know.
We’ll start first with the only new feature in this release: Microsoft has added a new management policy that will allow the deletion of browsing data from Edge Legacy when it’s replaced by the installation of the new Chromium-based Edge. As we said before, there’s isn’t anything else new to play with in this build. However, Microsoft will be hosting a discussion next week on February 27, where you can talk to Edge engineers about what you want to see next in the browser.
Anyway, here’s a look at some of the reliability and changed behaviours in this latest version of Edge Dev. These cover many frequent crashes, scrolling issues, problems with the address bar and more. You can see the full list here at Microsoft.
- Fixed an issue where importing favorites from another browser sometimes causes a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where importing settings from other browsers sometimes causes a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where adding an item to a Collection via the context menu sometimes causes a crash.
- Fixed a crash when using Collections.
- Fixed a browser crash when closing a window for Collections users.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling on a trackpad using the two-finger gesture sometimes causes webpages to jump straight to the top or bottom on certain devices.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to install a website as an app or pin it to the taskbar sometimes fails because the UI to finish the action never appears.
- Fixed an issue where address bar history is sometimes not properly deleted when the browser is set to delete browsing data on close.
- Fixed an issue where enabling Tracking Prevention prevents logging in on certain websites.
As always, we’ll end with the known issues. The problem with favorites being duplicated still persists, as well as the issue where Edge windows might become all black. There are also still problems where users with multiple audio output devices might not get sound from Edge. Finally, users of certain security software packages will see all tabs fail to load with the error STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.