Microsoft was supposed to wrap up their 10 Days of 10 Cent Deals in the Windows Store last night. The 10 Days of Deals Windows Store promotion reduced the price of a number of apps, games, movie, and music to just 10 cents over the past 10 days. But early this morning, the Windows blog announced Microsoft is extending their 10 Cent Deals for one more day because of the promotion's success.
As one would expect with 10 cent deals, the promotion was not about increasing sales revenue, so the measure of success was different in a very important way for Windows 10. Instead Microsoft is describing the success of the promotion in terms of increasing customer engagement for the Windows Store. Today’s announcement revealed a few metrics from the promotion to demonstrate the success of driving higher customer engagement.
On average the Windows Store saw the number of customers increase by 10 times, along with a 29 times increase in the number of purchase of apps, games, movies, and music from the Windows Store. Critically, 75% of deal purchasers were new to the Windows Store. Increasing new customers and driving engagement for multiple purchases is an important part of ensuring success for the new unified Windows Store, and by extension Windows as a platform for app developers, for both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile.
So if you missed out on the past 10 Days of Deals, or want to grab a few more 10 cent apps, movies, and games, head over to the Windows Store. Here is a highlight of the new deals added on top many of the existing deals that are still going on from the past 10 days for today only.
- Rent Furious 7 for 10 cents.
- Rent Tomorrowland for 10 cents.
- Rent Frozen for 10 cents.
- Buy Angry Bird StarWars for 10 cents.
- Buy Hitman Go for 10 cents.
- Buy The Weeknd Trilogy for 10 cents.
- Buy Drake Nothing was the Same for 10 cents.
- Buy Imagine Dragons Night Visions for 10 cents.
- Buy Back to the Drawing Board for 10 cents. Back to the Drawing Board is a 2D CAD and technical drawing app for creating “2D plans, elevations, details, schematics, diagrams and charts, right from your Windows device.”
- Buy IM+Pro for 10 Cents. IM+Pro is a single app for consolidating all of your major instant messaging accounts into one place. From IM+Pro you can access everything “from Facebook, Google Talk and Yahoo! to Vknotakte, Odnoklassniki, Fetion and Gadu-Gadu.” The features “text messages and photo sending, support for group chats in AIM and ICQ, and more.”
What did you think of Microsoft's 10 Days of Deals? Which apps, games, movies and music did you pick up for just 10 cents? Let us know in the comments section below.