Microsoft has just released their schedule for this year’s San Diego Comic-Con and it looks like there’s going to be a variety of Xbox-related panels and activities for gamers of all interests to check out.
Gamers will be able to play games like Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Forza Motorsport 6, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 at over 90 gaming stations in a special Xbox Lounge at the Manchester Hyatt (Seaport Ballroom, 2nd Floor). Several tournaments will also be held here featuring Halo 5, Forza, Killer Instinct, and Mortal Kombat X. The Halo 5: Guardians’ multi-player mode will be playable for the first time at the Xbox booth.
Fans hyped for the new Tomb Raider game coming later this year on Xbox One will be excited to see or participate in the special Lara Croft cosplay gathering starting at 10AM on Saturday outside of the Xbox Lounge and The Evolution of an Icon in Rise of the Tomb Raider discussion panel featuring Lara Croft’s actress, Camilla Luddington, lead script writer, Rhianna Pratchett, members of the Crystal Dynamics development team and several unannounced surprise guests should also be worth checking out.
Other panels of interest include:
- A Rare Chit Chat: Past and Future (Room 24ABC: Thursday, July 9, 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.), a celebration of the history of the legendary game developer who made games like Battletoads, Banjo-Kazooie, and Perfect Dark. Expect some more information and visuals from the upcoming Rare Replay collection.
- Hunt For the Truth: Following the Trail of the Halo 5: Guardians Story (Room 6BCF: Friday, July 10, 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.), which will focus on the story of the latest game in the Halo franchise and be hosted by several members of 343 Industries as well as some unannounced special guests.
- Building the Halo Universe with the Collectible Mega Bloks Series (Room 24ABC: Sunday, July 12, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.), a fun look back at the history of Halo and Mega Bloks and a peek at the new Mega Bloks Spring ’16 line.
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition: The Art of Improving on an Xbox Classic (Room 6A: Thursday, July 9, 4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.), a look at the Xbox One remake featuring Rod Fergusson (Studio Head, The Coalition), Peder Skude (Sr. Game Designer), Kyle Gaulin (Cinematics Director), Bonnie Jean Mah (Narrative Director), and Ben Huyghe (Former Pro Gamer/QA).
- The World of Albion – The History and Future of the Groundbreaking Fable Series (Room 5AB: Friday, July 10, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.), hosted by Game Director David Eckelberry and Lead Designer Alex Skidmore, this panel will discuss the Fable franchise as a whole and also go into details on the upcoming Fable Legends’ new features like the PC and Xbox One cross-platform play and 4v1 multiplayer.
Make sure to check out the official listing for more details and additions or changes that could occur.
Are you planning to go to SDCC this year? Which Xbox events and panels will you be checking out? Share the hype in the comments below!Further reading: Fable Legends, Gears of War, Halo, Halo 5, Microsoft, Rare, Rare Replay, Tomb Raider, Xbox One