Bing Chat Enterprise is being introduced in preview to provide AI-powered chat capabilities for educators, staff, and researchers. This tool aims to help them save time, access better answers, and focus on more meaningful tasks.
Microsoft 365 A3 and A5 faculty users can enable Bing Chat Enterprise through their accounts. If not opted out, Microsoft will enable it by default for eligible users after a certain date.
Here are some use cases:
- Draft Content: Bing Chat Enterprise can help educators create lesson plans and assignments by providing detailed information on specific topics, including learning objectives, materials, and activities.
- Personalize Learning: Bing Chat Enterprise helps educators generate personalized reading materials for students of different levels by providing content tailored to specific Lexile reading levels.
- Brainstorming: Teachers can use AI-powered chat to develop creative ideas for projects, assignments, or classroom activities. They can request unique project ideas related to their subject, which can help plan engaging lessons.
- Summarize PDFs: Bing Chat Enterprise can assist in summarizing complex research papers or documents. Educators can ask the AI to recap the findings of a specific research paper and provide recommendations and challenges mentioned in the paper.
- Improve Efficiency: The AI can be an expert consultant for various tasks. For example, educators can seek help reviewing and optimizing school schedules, identifying problems, and suggesting changes to provide more planning time for teachers.
With all this, Search Progress for Teams for Education was also announced. It is a tool that provides real-time coaching to students during online research, helping them develop effective search queries and identify credible resources.