Microsoft-acquired Altspace VR releases new tools to create shareable VR spaces
Earlier this year, Microsoft acquired VR social platform company Altspace VR, apparently saving it from shutting down. Now this week, infused with Microsoft’s support, the company has released a new set of tools to make creating shareable spaces in VR easier.
According to their blog post (via VentureBeat), Altspace VR is starting by releasing some basic space-building kits, with plans to release more kits with more customization options in time. The first kits, Campfire and Alien Planet, include abilities to:
- create virtual hangout spaces for friends and community.
- create custom versions of Campfire and Alien Planet.
- host multiplayer social games in VR.
- import and showcase all your in-world photography snaps.
- add teleporters to common spaces (Campfire/Origin) or straight to your friends’ world.
- change the mood of your World with different skies and sounds.
- create labels.
You can check out the blog post for a YouTube demonstration, and join live demos happening over the next few days with your RSVP.Further reading: AltspaceVR