Earlier this year, Microsoft acquired VR social platform company Altspace VR, apparently saving it from shutting down. Now this week, infused with Microsoft’s support, the company has released a new set of tools to make creating shareable spaces in VR easier.
According to their blog post (via VentureBeat), Altspace VR is starting by releasing some basic space-building kits, with plans to release more kits with more customization options in time. The first kits, Campfire and Alien Planet, include abilities to:
- create virtual hangout spaces for friends and community.
- create custom versions of Campfire and Alien Planet.
- host multiplayer social games in VR.
- import and showcase all your in-world photography snaps.
- add teleporters to common spaces (Campfire/Origin) or straight to your friends’ world.
- change the mood of your World with different skies and sounds.
- create labels.
You can check out the blog post for a YouTube demonstration, and join live demos happening over the next few days with your RSVP.