At Inspire 2017 today, Satya Nadella introduced Microsoft 365. The new solution shows a shift and will bring together Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility, Security, into one complete and secure solution.
According to a post penned by Kirk Koenigsbauer, corporate vice president for the Office team, Microsoft 365 addresses the commercial needs from the largest enterprise to the smallest businesses. It comes in two forms, Microsoft 365 Enterprise and Microsoft 365 Business. Microsoft 365 Enterprise is for large organizations and integrates Office 365 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
Secondly, Microsoft 365 Business is designed for small-to-medium sized businesses with up to 300 users, also integrating Office 365 Business Premium with tailored security and management features from Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security. You can learn more about these solutions below.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise: (Will replace Secure Productive Enterprise)
- Unlocks creativity by enabling people to work naturally with ink, voice and touch, all backed by tools that utilize AI and machine learning.
- Provides the broadest and deepest set of apps and services with a universal toolkit for teamwork, giving people flexibility and choice in how they connect, share and communicate.
- Simplifies IT by unifying management across users, devices, apps and services.
- Helps safeguard customer data, company data and intellectual property with built-in, intelligent security.
- Helps companies achieve more together by better connecting employees, customers and suppliers.
- Empowers employees to get work done from anywhere, on any device.
- Protects company data across devices with always-on security.
- Simplifies the set-up and management of employee devices and services with a single IT console.
Also new and announced at Inspire 2017 is the preview of three tailored Office 365 applications for small-to-medium sized customers. Microsoft Listings, Microsoft Connections, and Microsoft Invoicing. These applications will be coming soon to Office 365 Business Premium and Microsoft 365 Business.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise will be offered in two plans, Microsoft 365 E3 and Microsoft 365 E5. Both are available for purchase on August 1, 2017. Similarly, Microsoft 365 Business will be available in public preview on August 2, 2017, with general availability coming worldwide in the fall of 2017, priced at $20 per user, per month.