MetroMail comes to Windows 8.1 devices with a sleek and intuitive interface
If you happen to be a regular user of the MetroMail Gmail client on your Windows Phone 8 handset, you will be glad to find out the app has made its way to the Windows Store as well, bringing the modern look and its intuitive design to Windows 8.1 powered devices.
“MetroMail brings a first-class Gmail experience to Windows 8. With support for Gmail-specific features such as archiving, label management, inbox categories, and much more, it offers a fast, efficient, feature-rich Gmail experience. It is also the first email client to bring instant live tile syncing between all your devices, spanning across both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. You no longer need to waste time on emails that you have already managed on another device,” the app description reads.
MetroMail is a pretty decent Gmail client for Windows 8.1 users and comes with a bunch of exciting features, including instant notifications for new emails, ability to sync the data between Windows Phone and Windows devices, support for the tabbed Gmail interface showing Primary, Social and Promotions tab, support for multiple accounts as well as live tile support for each account and much more.
Here’s a complete list of features MetroMail has to offer to its users:
- Instant notifications for new emails with night mode support
- Instant live tile syncing between your devices across both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- First-class support for archiving, starred emails, and labels
- Support for inbox categories (e.g. Primary, Social, Promotions)
- Seamlessly manage multiple accounts
- Server-side search functionality with support for advanced Gmail search operators
- No more broken threads when replying to emails
- Support for multiple From addresses within the same account
- Optional live tile support for each account
- Full support for sending and downloading attachments
- Contacts auto-completion from your email account
- Full Win8 integration including split view and share support
Head over to the Windows Store using the link below and grab the app. If you already tried it out then share your thoughts about it using the comments below.Windows 8.1