Microsoft today introduced Back to School Live program and some new back to school savings at the Microsoft Store. To align with the back to school theme, the company also announced a new Surface Plus program, a financing program to help students and businesses take advantage of Microsoft Surface.
With Surface Plus, students and other Surface customers can purchase a Surface device with an easy, 24-month payment plan at 0% APR. They also can enjoy device upgrades, with the option to upgrade to the latest Surface device after just 18 months. There is also the added bonus of support from Microsoft Stores, and the Microsoft Complete extended service plan.
Small and medium sized businesses, meanwhile, can enjoy Surface Plus for Business. The Surface Plus for Business program offers enterprise-grade services and support, and the other benefits as seen below.
- Multiple Surface models: Customers can add as many devices as they want into a single agreement and can have a mix of models across the Surface portfolio.
- The latest devices: Previously unavailable, customers can now finance a 55” Surface Hub in addition to the new Surface Pro, Surface Laptop, Surface Book, and Surface Studio to unlock the power of the group in their businesses.
- Office 365 for Business:. For an additional $8.25 per user per month, businesses can enjoy the ultimate productivity experience on Surface.
- Flexible Terms: Businesses can choose flexible 18, 24, or 30 month periods, with the ability to upgrade devices after just 12 months on a 24-month term (after 18 months on the 30-month term). Businesses can also expand or reduce their device fleet mid-term.
- Device Protection: Surface Plus for Business offers peace of mind with the Microsoft Complete for Business extended service plan with accidental damage protection.
US based customers who are interested in the program can visit the Microsoft Store to find out more. Or, if a Microsoft Store is not nearby, you also can enroll online starting at 9:00 AM PT today.
It will be interesting to see if this program will boost Microsoft's Surface sales, which were bringing the company $948 million this year compared to the $965 million from last year. Let us know in the comments below if you will be taking advantage of this program.