Microsoft has rolled out an update to the Mail, Calendar, and People apps for Windows 8.1. And this update is not a minor one, as it comes packed with a plethora of new features and bug fixes.
The Mail app for Windows 8.1 now allows you to see all messages from your favorite people in one place, along with the ability to see a more organized Outlook.com inbox with social updates and newsletters files away automatically. You can also use Sweep to clean up your Outlook.com inbox with this new update. Here is the full change log of the new Mail app update:
- See all messages from your favorite people in one place.
- See a more organized Outlook.com inbox with social updates and newsletters filed away automatically.
- Use Sweep to clean up your Outlook.com inbox.
- Delete, flag, and mark messages from the message list.
- Drag and drop messages into folders.
- Select multiple messages at once with checkboxes.
- Write new messages without leaving your inbox.
- Open a message, draft, or attachment in a separate window.
- Search across all mail in all folders.
- Create automatic replies for when you’re away.
- Choose the default font and color for new messages.
- Get info about any sender by tapping on their name.
The Calendar app, on the other hand, received four new features in this update. The app now allows you to check your agenda and personalize the What’s Next view with your own background image. You can also add events quickly by typing directly into the Week view. You can also jump to a different date with the new date picker. And finally, with this new update, you can edit your responses to invitations before sending them out.
The People app received three new features in this update. You can now search and browse for contacts faster than before, along with the ability to view, edit, and link contacts faster than before. You can also add a custom picture for a contact.
Hit the download links below to snag the updated apps or update your apps via the Windows Store.Windows 8.1, Windows Store