The modern remake of the classic Mafia video game, Mafia: Definitive Edition, is now live on Microsoft’s family of Xbox One consoles.
While other Definitive Edition versions of games mostly just feature an HD visual upgrade, Mafia: Definitive Edition is a complete remake of the original with a new game engine, extra story content, and a new score. All of the content from the original version is included here but it’s presented in a much better way and is accompanied by addition content for players to discover.
Here’s the official game description:
- Part one of the Mafia crime saga – 1930s, Lost Heaven, IL
- Re-made from the ground up, rise through the ranks of the Mafia during the Prohibition era of organized crime. After a run-in with the mob, cab driver Tommy Angelo is thrust into a deadly underworld. Initially uneasy about falling in with the Salieri crime family, Tommy soon finds that the rewards are too big to ignore.
- Play a Mob Movie: Live the life of a Prohibition-era gangster and rise through the ranks of the Mafia.
- Lost Heaven, IL: Recreated 1930’s cityscape, filled with interwar architecture, cars and culture to see, hear and interact with.
- Re-Made Classic: Faithfully recreated, with expanded story, gameplay and original score. This is the Mafia you remembered and much more.
- Own Mafia: Definitive Edition to unlock Tommy’s Suit and Cab in both Mafia II and Mafia III Definitive Editions.
Mafia: Definitive Edition is available either by itself or as part of the Mafia: Trilogy bundle which includes all three Mafia video games.