Lenovo has announced the launch of the ThinkPad X1 Fold in India. Covered in an attractive leather folio, the ThinkPad X1 weighs just 999 grams and provides a split-screen experience via its folding OLED screen.
The ThinkPad X1 Fold boasts of a durable multilink torque hinge design and is tested against 12 military-grade certification methods and 27 procedures (MIL-STD 810H). Lenovo claims that the X1 Fold went through additional testing to make sure the screen could handle the stresses of being opened and closed thousands of times. The ThinkPad X1 Fold is an always-connected PC and packs in support for Wi-Fi 6 as well as the optional LTE support.
ThinkPad X1 Fold Specifications
- Operating System: Up to Windows 10 Pro
- Processor: Intel Core i5 with Intel Hybrid Technology | 11th Gen Intel UHD integrated graphics
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR4X 4267MHz
- Storage: Up to 1TB PCIe-NVMe M.2 2242 SSD
- Display: 33.52cms (13.3 inches) OLED | 2K (2048 x 1536) resolution | 300 nits brightness | 4:3 aspect ratio
- Connectivity: WWAN CAT20 (5G/LTE) | WiFi 6 802.11 AX | Bluetooth 5.1
- Battery: 50Wh with Rapid Charge technology
- Weight: 999g / 2.2lbs
The ThinkPad X1 Fold is available at a starting and a staggering price of ₹329,000 ($4,425) on Lenovo.com. It does come bundled with the Lenovo Easel Stand for easy portrait or landscape placement on a desk and a Bluetooth Mini Fold Keyboard that nests inside the system.
Would you be interested in this first-generation and very expensive foldable PC or wait till Windows 11 arrives to see how the experience evolves? Do check out my colleague Kareem Anderson’s review of the ThinkPad X1 Fold before you take the plunge.