At NXT BLD in London, Lenovo today announced a new ThinkPad P52 mobile workstation. The VR Ready device packs a compact 15-inch chassis and comes with the new NVIDIA Quadro P3200 GPU. Here’s a look at the full specs and more on what you need to know ahead of release in June.
ThinkPad P52: Available in late June, pricing TBA
- Display: 15.6” FHD (1920 x 1080): 300nits, 72% color gamut 15.6” UHD (3840 x 2160) Touch: 400nits 100% Adobe color gamut
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel Xeon and Core CPUs
- Operating Systems: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Home, Ubuntu Linux (pre-load,) Red Hat Linux (certified)
- Graphics: Up to NVIDIA Quadro P3200
- Total Memory Up to 128GB DDR4
- Memory: DIMM Capacity 8 GB / 16 GB / 32 GB non-ECC 8 GB / 16 GB EC
- Total Storage Up to 6 TB
- Battery: 90WHr
- Security: TPM 2.0 IR Camera Fingerprint Reader ThinkShutter
- Ports: (3) USB-A 3.1 Gen 1 (2) USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 (1) HDMI 2.0 (1) mDP 1.4 (1) Mic/Headphone Combo Jack (1) SD card reader (1) Smart Card Reader 1 (1) RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet (1) Kensington Lock Slot
- WLAN: Intel 9560 802.11ac + Bluetooth 5.0
- WWAN1: Fibocomm 4G LTE (Cat 9)
- Media Card Reader: Integrated 4-in-1 Card Reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC)
- Keyboard: ThinkPad® Precision Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, Backlit and spill resistant, 105 key
This device also supports the ThinkPad Thunderbolt Workstation Dock and can be used with the Lenovo Passage Backpack. It looks pretty promising, and it should be perfect for engineers, professionals, and Augmented and virtual reality content creators.
You can learn more about the P52 by checking Lenovo’s website here. Lenovo also announced some new devices ahead of E3 2018, and you can learn more about those by checking here.