The Xbox team rolled out a new Xbox One preview build for Preview Alpha participants yesterday, and the new bits fix an issue with newly installed games that sometimes failed to launch. As we’re nearing the release of the Creators Update, there are no new features in this build but you should be aware of some known issues with Cortana, notifications, games clips and more.
Xbox One Insiders – Preview ALPHA Users – 3/8 Build notes for 6.00pm here https://t.co/W7bAhcpgvY and on REDDIT https://t.co/wOBq0AwF5W
— Brad Rossetti (@WorkWombatman) March 9, 2017
Here is the complete changelog:
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170305-1701
Available: 6:00PM PST 3/8 (2:00AM GMT 9/3)
- Games & Apps: Fixed an issue which could sometimes prevent newly installed games from launching.
- Controller: Upon resuming from connected standby, you may be prompted to update your controller firmware when no update is available.
- Cortana: Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Notifications: Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- Game Clips: After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- EA Access: The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Screen Dimming: The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
- Settings – Ease of Access: When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Settings – Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display: The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
If you missed the news yesterday, we also remind you that Preview Alpha users can now download the Skype Preview UWP app on their Xbox One, which is a nice improvement over the pre-existing Metro-style app. Stay tuned on OnMSFT to get all the latest news about the Xbox Insider Program.