Fresh off a release last month which added in Clubs and Looking for Group to the Xbox experience, Microsoft has released yet another Xbox Preview build. This time, the Preview build adds in chat history to clubs, resolves some known issues, and more.
If you’re an Xbox Preview member, all it takes to get this update manually is to head over to All Settings, System, and Console info and Updates. If your Xbox is in Instant-on mode, your Xbox will automatically download and install the update, then reboot into standby. Microsoft notes that if you have been selected to receive the update and your console has not downloaded and installed it by 1:00 AM PDT 10/12/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time. Nonetheless, for the complete details on the rs1_xbox_rel_1610.161007-1900 update, please see the changelog below.
- You can now view chat history in the Chat section of the Club menu.
- Resolved an issue with Club management navigation when pressing ‘B’.
- Fixed a user interface issue with feed sharing.
- Resolved an issue which caused the Quick Tips tile to disappear from Home while games or apps were being installed.
- When viewing Clubs, you may still see the option to start a Club Party even if you are not a Club member.
- Club invites may sometimes show up in the Friends list in Guide and may be counted or displayed multiple times.
- When browsing the Store, certain apps may be missing for users with their console set to the Singapore region (zh-sg or en-sg).
Workaround: To find a specific app, use the Store’s search function.
- The option to Install a game or app may appear on the corresponding Store page when the game or app is already installed. For this reason, you may also be unable to launch games and apps from a Store page.
Workaround: Launch games and apps from My games & apps, pins, or with voice commands.
Are you an Xbox Preview Member? What do you think of the Clubs and Looking for Group feature? Let us know what you think by dropping us a comment in the section below!