Right on the mid-week schedule, Microsoft just released a new Edge Dev Update. Bringing the browser up to version 87.0.654.0, there are just two new features this week, along with the usual reliability fixes and changed behaviors. Here’s a look at what you need to know.
First, there are the added features. With the first one, Microsoft says it is more broadly rolling out an improved way to copy and paste URLs from the address bar. With it, you can copy and paste a URL as a hyperlinked text title instead of a web address. You can learn more about this change at this here at Microsoft. Related to this is the addition of a new extended formatted link copying capability which will apply to links copied from webpages.
Now, for the improved reliability and changed behaviors. The list is shorter than usual this week, but there are a couple of notable ones. First off, Microsoft Fixed an issue where sidebar Search sometimes fails. Also fixed is the issue where using Save As sometimes fails to save PDFs after they’ve been edited. Have a look below for what else you need to know and see the full list here.
- Fixed a crash on startup due to sync.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser while the Guided Switch dialog is open.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the IE logo next to the address bar in IE mode tabs crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when printing.
- Fixed an issue where importing payment info from other browsers fails when Edge is set to not save payment info entered into webpages.
- Fixed an issue where the Jumplist sometimes is missing.
- Fixed an issue where Family Safety sometimes doesn’t work in InPrivate windows.
- Fixed an issue where Taskbar shortcuts sometimes don’t show the proper account picture.
- Fixed an issue where websites installed as apps sometimes don’t have the proper name in Windows.
- Fixed an issue where deleted search engines sometimes return after restarting the browser.
As has been the theme, the known issues are the same as it has been over the past few weeks. That includes problems with ad-blocking extensions on YouTube, tabs crashing, Kaspersky internet suite, duplicate favorites. Also included is Edge windows becoming black wobbling with scrolling and issues with multiple audio outputs.
In related news, Microsoft recently outlined its new Web Capture tool which will be coming to Edge. The Web Capture tool is an improved version of the web notes tool, which was present in the legacy Edge browser that was previously bundled with Windows 10.