Another Tuesday in the month of June means it's time to go download a new Microsoft Edge Dev release. Coming in at version 85.0.545.0 this week, there's one fresh feature you can look forward to, and it relates to importing data from Edge Legacy on demand. Here's a look a what you need to know.
In addition to the new ability to import data from Edge Legacy on demand, Microsoft is sharing some new updates which will be coming soon or are already out. First off, a new add-on website is rolling out. Also new are some text notes, digital signature, and other improvements for the PDF reader in Edge.
Going back to the Edge Dev release, though, there are some improved reliability and changed behaviors which you need to know about. Microsoft fixed the issue where opening websites from shortcuts that have been pinned to the Taskbar might cause browser crashes. They've also fixed the issue where attempting to cast media to certain devices like Xboxes fails.
The changed behaviors, meanwhile, include a fix for an issue where a checkbox was removed that allows a payment card stored in MS Pay to be saved to the local browser. Have a look below for the full list, which is shorter than usual this week.
- Fixed an issue where entering payment card info on webpages sometimes leads to a crash when the offer to save the payment card info to the browser is shown.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to add items to a Collection sometimes crashes the webpage.
- Fixed an issue where signing into the browser with a personal account sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to save a webpage into favorites while in Immersive Reader sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to cast media to certain devices like Xboxes fails.
- Fixed an issue where DolbyVision content doesn’t play properly.
- Fixed an issue where PDFs with certain non-English letters aren’t read correctly with Read Aloud.
- Fixed an issue where PDFs with certain non-visible characters aren’t read correctly with Read Aloud.
- Fixed an issue where Edge’s autofill suggestion popups sometimes cover popups that are created by websites filling in forms.
- Fixed an issue where the Global Media Controls flag from upstream Chromium was removed.
As for the known issues in this release, there are quite a lot. These include the same from the past, where clicking links from external applications while Edge is waiting to restart might cause links to not load properly. Duplicate favorites, problems with Kaspersky internet Suit, Edge Windows coming black, Wobbling when scrolling, and multiple audio output devices sometimes not getting any sound from Edge also still persists.
Get downloading now by visiting the Edge Settings menu, and clicking About Microsoft Edge. And remember, you can join the conversation and report issues with Edge over at the Microsoft Edge Insider community.