If you’ve still been waiting for your Lumia 650 firmware update, there might be some hope for you hidden on your phone already. Readers over at Windows Central have discovered that the latest update can be accessed through the Windows Device Recovery Tool.
The Lumia 650 update is planned to bring back double tap to wake up on the Windows 10 Mobile phones. According to the report, the version number for the firmware update is 01078.00042.16352.50011. Similarly, it looks like the OTA update for Lumia 950 AT&T customers finally started rolling out.
Features of the anticipated update also include:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
Updating with the Recovery Tool comes at a price, however. The firmware update is only available as a result of the rolling back to factory settings. It also seems that the update might not even be guaranteed based on the region that you’re in. In the end, it really depends on how badly you want to get your hands on the double tap to wake feature. It shouldn’t be too much longer before Lumia 650 customers will have their hands on the rolled out version.