LastPass Authenticator has just launched on Windows phones in addition to iOS and Android devices.
LastPass Authenticator is a free two-factor authentication service that adds an extra layer of security when navigating different websites or apps. The service generates 6-digit, time-based passcodes or sends push notifications to users for one-tap login to LastPass and removes the hassle of having to remember numerous passwords and manually enter them every time.
Here are some of the app’s features according to the official listing:
- Enjoy a better experience: LastPass Authenticator offers user-friendly, secure two-factor authentication with simple set-up and one-tap login to LastPass.
- You choose how to login: The app supports 6-digit generated passcodes, SMS codes, and automated push notifications that let you approve or deny a login in one tap.
- Use it with more than LastPass: Enable LastPass Authenticator anywhere Google Authenticator is supported.
- Leverage what you already have: You always have your smartphone with you, so there’s no need to keep track of extra devices.
- Add more security: Protect from man-in-the-middle attacks by utilizing a different channel than your primary authentication (where your username and password are submitted).
- It’s free!
Do you use LastPass Authenticator? Let us know if you’d recommend it in the comments below.