Cross-platform Mobility Management and Software Management Included in LDMS and LDSS 9
LAS VEGAS and Interchange – October 12, 2010 – LANDesk Software, a global leader in systems lifecycle management, endpoint security and IT service management, today announced the latest versions of LANDesk® Management Suite 9 and LANDesk® Security Suite 9. The management of mobile devices is a major component of this new release, enabling organisations to instantly discover, secure and manage smart mobile devices on a corporate network through a single LANDesk management console. Additionally the LANDesk suites now offer simplified infrastructure management, enhanced software distribution and license monitoring capabilities, additional Windows 7 support and updated antivirus and anti-spyware for endpoint security.
“The new version includes LANDesk® Mobility Manager that allows IT managers to instantly discover mobile devices connecting to the corporate network, attribute them to a user account and wipe corporate data, if needed,” said Steve Workman, vice president of product management, LANDesk Software. “This allows IT managers to feel more secure in their corporate environment while continuing to allow users to leverage new technologies such as Apple iPads, iPhones, Blackberrys and Android devices. By merging mobility and systems management, LANDesk delivers the security IT managers seek in a corporate landscape of increasing user-purchased devices.”
The upgraded solutions, with numerous new features and functionalities, reduce risks and software expenses, while increasing productivity in several key areas, including:
– Mobility Manager: Leading companies project there will be fifty billion IP connected devices in the world by 2020. Mobility Manager is extending LANDesk’s management reach to address the rapidly growing adoption of personal devices like iPads, iPhones, Blackberrys and Android-based devices that are consuming corporate data, raising concerns of corporate security and data loss prevention. Unlike current solutions on the market, LANDesk Mobility Manager allows device discovery, without an agent installed on a device, and the ability to display all discovered devices in a single management console. LANDesk Mobility Manager’s discovery capabilities feature integration with Microsoft ActiveSync and Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) systems, allowing the capture of devices at the point of entry. Discovery of devices on a network and management is available for multiple platforms including iOS, Droid, Windows CE and more. Once a device has been discovered and recognised in the network, IT managers are capable of blocking specific devices from corporate data, if they pose a threat. Remote wiping capabilities are available for devices that are out-of-policy, non-compliant, active threats, lost or stolen or at the time of a user’s employment termination.
– Simplified Management Infrastructure: Designed to address complex distributed environments, expanding workplace boundaries and the overall need for better centralised control of desktop IT operations, LANDesk Management Suite and LANDesk Security Suite will include new dynamic reporting and role-based administration enhancements which are fully integrated in the console. The reporting solution features easy-to-use dynamic reporting that requires less server infrastructure.
– Software Management: LANDesk Management Suite is the industry leading solution for reducing costs and ensuring compliance in connection with preventing or responding to software audits. LANDesk Management Suite has enhanced its software distribution and license monitoring capabilities, increasing the overall usability and reliability, thereby allowing IT managers to make better, more informed business decisions and more tightly manage software license costs.
– Windows 7 Migration: Designed to determine migration readiness and assessment and application compatibility, while creating minimal end user disruption, LANDesk Management Suite 9 supports migrations to new operating systems such as Microsoft® Windows 7. With today’s announcement LANDesk extends native support of the Win32 console on Windows 7 (both 32-bit as well as 64-bit) simplifying deployment of Windows 7 by providing both PXE and Virtual Boot image deployment. It also provides provisioning and Hardware Independent Imaging (HII) that allows administrators to retain one generic image that can be deployed to many different platforms.
– Endpoint Security: The LANDesk Security Suite is hardening and protecting the IT environment with a layered security approach to prevent data loss and ensure regulatory standards enforcement including HIPS compliance. The new version includes updated antivirus and anti-spyware engines and Device Control Management (DCM) and software management. In addition, this latest version incorporates an FDCC Scanner and related content, which enables government entities to scan their desktops for Federal Desktop Core Configuration standards.
To learn more about LANDesk Management Suite and LANDesk Security Suite, please visit www.landesk.com/nine.