Kodak demonstrates next generation scanners and imaging software at Smart Healthcare Live, the UK’s leading event for healthcare
– Kodak present on stand J47, Smart Healthcare Live, Excel, June 14 & 15, 2011
– St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust’s director of informatics, Neil Darvill, to speak about electronic medical records best practice on June 14, 2011 at 10am, Best Practice Theatre
London June 7, 2011 – Kodak (NYSE:EK) today announced that it is demonstrating its latest range of workgroup, departmental and production scanners and Capture Pro suite of imaging software at this year’s Smart Healthcare Live event in London.
In addition, Neil Darvill, director of informatics, St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust will talk about the rollout of a new electronic medical records system – using Kodak scanners and EDMS software from partner, C Cube Solutions – which makes all patient notes available at the point of care. The presentation will be at 10am on June 14, 2011 in the Best Practice Theatre.
The project improves patient safety and care, enhances clinical efficiency and saves money. Today 500 doctors and 130 medical secretaries are using this pioneering system, with the Trust – as far as is known – the first to stop using paper health records in clinical practice.
The system cost a one-off investment of £1.2 million, with £1.4 million to be saved annually as the Trust will close its records library building, redeploy clerical staff and cut transport costs.
A range of scanners to meet the needs of all healthcare organisations
Perfect for all healthcare environments seeking to remove paper-based information to enhance productivity, improve efficiency and save money, Kodak scanners meet the needs of any organisation or department irrespective of size, all backed by a professional nationwide service and support organisation.
New scanners and software on show at Smart Healthcare Live include:
– Kodak i2000 Series Scanners – three feature rich duplex models complete the range handling 30 to 70 pages per minute (ppm) and daily volumes up to 6,000 scans. With a range of Perfect Page imaging technology features – such as image sharpening and streak filtering, and easily integration with Microsoft SharePoint 2010, the Kodak i2000 Series Scanners are backed by a worry-free three-year warranty.
– Kodak i5000 Series Scanners – consisting of two models – the i5200 rated at 140 ppm, and the faster i5600 able to process 170 ppm – these super fast production scanners are designed so that performance does not degrade with imaging features all switched on, even at 300 dpi colour and dual stream.
With a 750 page automatic document feeder, recommended daily throughput is unlimited and an easy in the field modification means an i5200 scanner can be upgraded as volumes grow to i5600 performance without the need for customers to purchase additional hardware.
The Kodak i15000 Series Scanners deliver total cost of ownership savings with consumables costing approximately £30 for every 500,000 documents scanned.
– Kodak Capture Pro Software – designed to fit a wide range of capture environments, from departmental to production level – all without click charges applied – Kodak’s Capture Pro Software interfaces seamlessly with numerous document scanners from many different vendors, as well as integrating simply with patient records systems and enterprise software packages including Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and 2010.
The network edition of the software makes it more efficient and cost effective to deploy the software across an organisation where there is a requirement to centrally manage and monitor multiple capture and indexing equipment. Centralised licensing and administration, as well as batch monitoring, is at the heart of any network edition implementation.
Neil Murphy, Kodak’s UK sales manager, says, “In the public sector, investment used to be all about delivering effective public services. Today, it is delivering these services at lower cost, with value for money the primary driver. Our scanners and software have been designed to give customers a mix of flexibility, performance, productivity and lower ongoing operating costs without impacting the quality or accuracy of images produced.”
Kodak has a broad and comprehensive healthcare track record, with its scanner solutions installed in a range of organisations including: St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Kingsley Healthcare, and Nugent Care.
For further information about Kodak’s healthcare solutions, please visit the web at www.Kodak.com/go/health