King has made its mark on the world of mobile games, and it’s not going away any time soon. You may know the studio from Candy Crush, a game that is, at this point, synonymous with mobile gaming. The studio launched one of its latest games, Paradise Bay, on iOS about a year ago to some fairly solid reviews, and after that year of waiting the game has finally made its way over to the Windows 10 platform, offering itself to everybody running Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile.
Here’s a list of some of the game’s features for you to check out, as described on Paradise Bay’s store page:
- Create and customize your perfect paradise
- Explore and expand your island to unlock its secrets
- Collect long-lost map pieces to discover new areas of the world
- Discover and nurture the island’s animals
- Harvest raw resources and craft valuable goods
- Trade with islanders, merchant ships, and friends
- Buy and sell valuables in the bustling marketplace
- Dive deep and uncover treasures lost at sea
Paradise Bay isn’t just a Candy Crush clone – it’s more similar to games like Farmville, which have you place down objects that you can them harvest resources from. Beyond the normal planting of crops that tends to be a hallmark of these sorts of games, Paradise Bay has the additional theme of a tropical paradise. As a result, you’ll spend some of your time in the game healing wounded sea turtles, fishing for exotic sea creatures, and building homes with bamboo.
Some people may be tired of playing games that fit into the farmville-esque genre, but for people who can’t get enough of this style of game, there may be a lot of enjoyment to be had in Paradise Bay. There’s a lot to be said for placing a familiar genre of game into a different setting, and Paradise Bay might just scratch an itch that some gamers might have had.