Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition is now available to buy in stores and digitally via the Windows Store. This version of the Xbox One fighting game contains all of the characters from the first three seasons of the game, all of the stages, playable versions of the original two Killer Instinct arcade games, and access to the Windows 10 version on PC with all of the Definitive Edition content unlocked.
Here’s the official game description for Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition:
FIGHT ON! Discover your Killer Instinct! Play the legendary fighting game with stunning 60FPS visuals, over-the-top action, a wild cast of combatants, rocking reactive music, and C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERS!
- Includes all 26 characters from Seasons 1-3, including Shadow Jago, Rash from Battletoads, Arbiter from Halo and General RAAM from Gears of War
- 20 stages with intense stage destruction
- Killer Instinct Classic 1 & 2 for Xbox One
- Explore the lore, characters and history of Killer Instinct with all-new behind-the-scenes videos, trailers and art
- All the music of Killer Instinct, including Killer Cuts
- Competitive online multiplayer matches with state-of-the-art fighting game netcode
- Test your skill online in Monthly Ranked Leagues
- Cinematic story modes
- Extensive Dojo tutorial teaches all the core mechanics for Killer Instinct
- Train an AI combatant and challenges your friends to asynchronous matches in Shadow Lab
Xbox Live Features:
Play Anywhere with online multiplayer Cross Play with Windows 10 and Cloud Save between Xbox One and Windows 10
Killer Instinct includes rich Xbox Live features like Achievements, Game DVR, Leaderboards and more
Buy Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition on Xbox One
To coincide with the release of Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition, all versions of Killer Instinct on Xbox One and Windows 10 have updated today with the new story mode/roleplaying game mode, Shadow Lords. This unique, though admittedly complex, take on the fighting game story mode features branching character arcs, crafting, and equitable items.
A playable version of Shadow Lords was available to a select group of Killer Instinct fans during the past month and a significant number of changes have been made to it for the public launch. Among the changes are clearer menu designs, Guardian buffs and tutorials, a new Guardian announcer, changes to the Vampire Bat Guardians, the addition of Multiplayer Rewards, new unlockable character skins, and all-new game scoreboard, clearer loadout menus, new scenes, more quests, and improved the Quest engine, and a completely new endgame screen.
Colt Yohman, of Iron Galaxy Studios, made a special post on the official Killer Instinct website thanking the game’s fans for helping test the new features. “Thanks everyone – this mode has been in the works for a long time, and our team has put so much work into it,” he said. “More than me, I’m just typing about it. It’s been really fun having the preview out there and having everyone help us steer it to where it is today. Please keep the feedback coming, and keep on playing!”
This update also includes numerous changes to all of the characters and their moves but this has become the norm with every update on Killer Instinct, which continues to adjust and evolve the game on a regular basis.
Did you buy Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition? Have you tried Shadow Lords yet? Let us know your impressions of each in the comments below. Will these bring you and your friends back to the game?