Microsoft has just released a new “Patch Tuesday” for Windows 10 version 1803, and this latest cumulative update will bump the build number to 17134.165 on your machine. It should appear as “KB4338819” in Windows Update, and Microsoft notes that this same build is also rolling out to HoloLens headsets today.
This time, the release notes are a bit shorter than usual with only five quality improvements being listed. You can read the full details below:
- Improves the ability of the Universal CRT Ctype family of functions to correctly handle EOF as valid input.
- Enables debugging of WebView content in UWP apps using the Microsoft Edge DevTools Preview app that’s available in the Microsoft Store.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the Mitigation Options Group Policy client-side extension to fail during GPO processing. The error message is “Windows failed to apply the MitigationOptions settings. MitigationOptions settings might have its own log file” or “ProcessGPOList: Extension MitigationOptions returned 0xea.” This issue occurs when Mitigation Options has been defined either manually or by Group Policy on a machine using Windows Defender Security Center or the PowerShell Set-ProcessMitigation cmdlet.
- Evaluates the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Windows apps, Windows graphics, Windows datacenter networking, Windows wireless networking, Windows virtualization, Windows kernel, and Windows Server.
Microsoft says that there are no known issues with this release, but as usual let us know in the comments if you encounter any problems after installing the new bits.