Earlier this month, we broke the details of the upcoming Chuwi LapBook 12.3, the follow-up to the very successful Chuwi LapBook series of laptops from the popular Chinese OEM. Chuwi had previously launched LapBook 15.6 and LapBook 14.1. I reviewed the latter few weeks ago, and found it to be easily one of the best affordable laptops in the market.
The smaller variant is powered by the same Intel Apollo Lake N3450 processor but gets a considerable RAM upgrade. There’s also a resolution bump from Full HD, which is even more impressive on a smaller sized display.
The company has now made the details of the launch official. Instead of end of this month as shared initially, the laptop will be launched in May and the price will be $349.
Chuwi LapBook 12.3 Specifications
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel Apollo Lake N3450 Quad Core 2.2GHz
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 500
- Display: 12.3-inch IPS | 2736 x 1824 resolution | 3:2 aspect ratio
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB eMMC | TF card expandable to 128GB | M2 SSD to 256 GB
- Webcam: 2MP
- Ports: USB 3.0, USB 2.0, Mini HDMI
I’ve got my hands on several devices from the Shenzhen-based company in recent times, and have really started to like their focus on quality while offering affordable tablets and laptops. Let’s see what the Chuwi LapBok 12.3 has in store for us.