After its major update last month, the Microsoft Remote Desktop iOS app updated again this past week with a host of new features and fixes.
This latest app update, which brings Microsoft Remote Desktop to Version 10.0.2, adds support for Chinese and Japanese hardware keyboards, improvements to the PC list view, and fixes several bugs.
Here’s the full release notes:
We've been working hard to iron out bugs and add useful features. Here's what's new in this release:
- Support for Japanese (and Chinese) input using a hardware keyboard.
- The PC list view now shows the friendly name of the associated user account (if one exists).
- The permissions UI (in the first-run experience) is now rendered correctly in light mode.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when hitting the option and up or down arrow keys simultaneously on a hardware keyboard.
- Updated the on-screen keyboard layout used in the password prompt UI to make finding the backslash key easier.
- Fixed top crashes that were showing up in error reporting.
We're committed to making this app the best Remote Desktop client for iOS and value your feedback. If you encounter any errors, you can contact us via Settings > Report an Issue.
Microsoft Remote Desktop is a free app that lets users connect to remote PCs or virtual desktops. Do you use this app? Let us know what you think of this update in the comments below and then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest for more Microsoft app news.