With security becoming more of an issue with each passing day, companies need to look more closely into their options for email hosting. For companies now looking to migrate their employees' dedicated email to the cloud, Intermedia has opened up their Dedicated Microsoft Exchange service, using Amazon Web Services - Amazon's answer to Azure. The new dedicated Exchange service stands to compete with Amazon's own WorkMail service though that service is more generally available than its new Exchange counterpart.
The service is designed for large companies who want to set up an email system that can be tweaked to hold itself to high-security standards, and can be seamlessly integrated into a company with 10 or 10,000 employees. Microsoft's Exchange service has already proven itself to be more than capable, and in the hands of a company like Intermedia, it can be an even stronger option when companies are looking to move into the cloud.
Here are some of the selling points listed on Intermedia's website:
- Centralized management with our HostPilot Control Panel.
- Enterprise-grade security that’s validated by a SOC 2 audit.
- Free migration performed by our Cloud Concierge experts, who migrate 15,000 mailboxes every month without downtime or data loss.
- 24/7 phone support with typical hold times of less than 60 seconds.
- Additional online support and training.
- Scalability to thousands of users.
The service is being offered at rates that range from $12 to $16 per user per month - a payment plan that differs greatly from the average bill from AWS, which usually varies more based on how much computing power was actually used. The new payment plan makes for a more reliable bill on both sides of the transaction, and should be relatively agreeable for many companies who want to be able to predict what they have to spend each month.