Interior design is a great hobby, profession, and way to raise the value of your home or business. When designing a home or project it’s important to have the proper tools to do the job. 3-D design and the ability to work digitally is a major asset to those looking to make the best projects. Software doesn’t have to be costly though. “Live Interior 3D Pro” is a powerful interior design program that is on sale for $9.99 for the next ten days compared to its usual price of $19.99.
The app’s layout at start looks similar to that of Paint but it’s a comprehensive way to design rooms. You can click and drag furniture, add light fixtures, virtually walk through the room and do a litany of other actions. The interface takes some time to get used to and is a bit crowded but it does give you a long list of options.
The pro version of the app allows you to print floorplans, export 3-D views in many formats including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, “create custom materials using photos,” add light fixtures to a room and more. There are three In-App Purchase for the highest end features as well.
- Import objects in 3DS and Collada formats (via In-App Purchase).
- Export to 3DS, Collada, VRML, and X3D formats (via In-App Purchase).
- High resolution 3D view output up to 6000 x 6000 px (via In-App Purchase).
The app allows you to edit a 2-D floor plan of a room and then render it in 3-D. You can click and drag items such as chairs, televisions, and windows into a room as well. They have video tutorials on how to use the app that you can find links to below.
The app has also received an update with a lengthy changelog
- Introduced Light Editor dialog that helps create and control light sources (Pro only).
- Introduced Type & Representation dialog for setting object type, origin, adjusting 2D and 3D representations (Pro only).
- Added Horizontal and Vertical Rulers and ability to add Layout Guides with snapping on 2D floor plan. (to add a Layout Guide right click on 2D or drag it from the Ruler).
- Added Info Panel on the top of the 2D View, showing the selected object parameters.
- Links to Live Interior 3D pages on Facebook and Twitter were added to the Gallery.
- Fixed some issues with importing files and materials in non-english user accounts.
- Added an option in Program Preferences to choose graphics card for the program to work with. Now graphic settings and quality limits depend on the graphic card.
- Now you can edit floor and ceiling shape by adding and adjusting contour points. (Right click on the existing contour point for selected floor or ceiling and select Add/Remove Contour point).
- Other minor improvements.
I do a lot of app update stories but Live Interior 3D Pro really grabbed my attention. My mom is a realtor and my girlfriend loves interior design and I could see this app being added to their wheelhouse of tools.Apps, Interior Design, Windows