Instructables.com is a great place to find step-by-step instructions on everyday projects that you can do yourself and interact with other people trying to rectify their mistakes without paying for someone else to do it. Now, there is an official Instructables app for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone to help you access all the do-it-yourself (DIY) projects at your fingertips.
There are goofy DIY projects like “How to Make Cartoon Eyes,” to more complicated ones like “Homemade LED Daytime Running Lights.” You can find thousands of DIY projects or create an account and come up with your own DIY projects. There are several different areas of the Instructables app:
- Home – shows you the latest and greatest DIY projects
- Explore – choose from different categories like Technology, Automotive, etc.
- Contests – enter Instructables contests like the Apocalypse Preparedness Contest, where you create your own survival pack against hordes of zombies
- Following – who you happen to follow, much like a Twitter feed, shows what other DIY projects people are creating.
- Menu – Settings page, where you create your own Instructables, change your favorites, and other user settings.
Please remember, in order to use the app, you must create an Instructables account. Set up is pretty easy, just need an email address, username, and password and you’re set to start creating projects. So check the official Instructables app for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone out in the download links below.