The official LinkedIn Lite app designed for Android devices in the Indian market is now available to download. The app offer access to most of the main LinkedIn features but reduces the amount of bandwidth required for it to function and is itself only one MB in size.
"Developed by LinkedIn’s R&D team in Bengaluru, LinkedIn Lite app is first being rolled out to members in India. The Lite app was inspired by the success of the lightweight mobile website, which was launched in September 2016. LinkedIn plans to roll out the mobile web version and the Android app in over 60+ countries shortly," the official app launch announcement reads. "To help overcome the challenges of unpredictable internet connectivity, LinkedIn designed Lite to make the platform more easily accessible to the growing population of mobile internet users. Built to run smoothly and offer faster access even on lower end smartphones, the app loads extremely fast – in under five seconds, even on 2G network. The app size is only 1MB and reduces data usage by 80 percent. It also offers all key features like news feed, jobs, profile, network, messaging, notifications, and search." Here's the official app description:
The new LinkedIn Lite app is less than 1 MB in size. It can help you find jobs, make useful connections and get professional news even if your phone has limited storage capacity and slower internet conditions. LinkedIn Lite makes it easier for you to succeed in your career. It’s more than just your resume — it shows the world who you are and how you are building your career:
- Search for people, alumni, seniors, jobs and companies
- See all types of jobs including government jobs, MNC jobs, fresher jobs or entry level jobs, tech jobs, software jobs and more
- Make useful connections with people who can help you find your dream job
- Chat with your connections to get job referrals and career advice
- Make your professional profile that shows your skills, education, projects, internships and work experience
- Get the latest industry news and updates that can help you stay informed, interviews preparation, etc.
Would you like more apps like this? Let us know in the comments.