If you're a regular user of 6snap and IM+ multi-platform messaging client, it's time you launch the Windows Phone Store on your handset, and look for any updates that are waiting to get installed.
Among the first is the popular instant messaging client IM+ that lets users connect to multiple IM services such as Skype, AOL, Facebook, etc. and manage them from a single application. Recently, the application received an update that introduces a whole bunch of new features and improvements to the application. As the application supports Windows Phone 7.5, do note that all the new features may not work on your device, while Windows Phone 8 users can stay relaxed.
The latest update give users the ability to change the group chat topic easily using the option provided as well the ability to lock display orientation any way you want. Additionally, you can add favorite contacts from multiple services and add them to a single group to communicate. Here's a complete list of features and enhancements introduced in the latest IM+:
- Option to change group chat topic
- Option to lock display orientation
- View VK.com timeline from contact’s info
- Quick Voice messages
- Location messages – share your location via IM+
- Favorite contacts – add favorite contacts from different services in one group
- Support for MSN/WLM contacts in Skype
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Along with IM+, Rudy Huyn also released an update for the popular third-party Snapchat client dubbed as 6snap, bumping it to version 2.4. Along with the usual performance optimizations, the latest update also allows users to view snaps without holding the screen. Here's the complete list of features and bug fixes introduced in 6snap v2.4:
- View snaps without holding the screen (option in settings)
- Add new snapchat captcha when create a new account
- Optimize performance
Simply head over to the Windows Phone Store and snag the applications for your Windows Phone handset. IM+ has a free version as well as the Pro version that comes with a $1.99 price tag for the next few days -- previously the price was $4.99.