Earlier in May, HP announced a brand new OMEN gaming lineup featuring laptops, a desktop and a monitor featuring a stylish design and high-end specs to allow players to have the best gaming experience. However, the manufacturer introduced new OMEN devices including a new OMEN X Desktop, an OMEN 17 Laptop during an event in New York City yesterday and PC gamers should probably pay attention.
The Omen X Desktop
This new desktop computer is quite different from the previous Omen desktop that was announced a few months ago. Indeed, its chassis features “a revolutionary thermal management solution which includes a tri-chamber design with dedicated cooling for each chamber.” The desktop computer will be fully customizable by consumers, and the main features include:
- Powered by Windows 10
- DirectX 12 capable for stunning gaming visuals
- Four different modes: Single Color, Color Show, System Monitor and Audio Show
- The OMEN Control software provides complete design control, allowing for custom LED light modifications and brightness adjustments in real time.
- 6th generation Intel Core i5/i7 over-clockable processors and the latest graphics technology, up to dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 and up to dual AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
• NVME PCIe connected SSDs
• Includes support for up to three 120mm liquid cooling radiators with with top mounted exhaust vents and a stand that lifts the case off the ground to help pull cool air in, allowing for maximum ventilation.
HP will also sell empty Omen X Desktop chassis those of you who want a real DIY gaming PC. Additionally, the company also announced that it has partnered with Maingear to allow gaming PCs enthusiasts to “design the ultimate custom OMEN X build.”
The OMEN 17.3 gaming laptop
While HP already announced powerful 15.3” and 17.3” OMEN laptops available in Full HD and 4K IPS display options back in May, this new OMEN 17 laptop is a whole different beast. This gaming laptop is VR Ready thanks to the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and 1070 GPUs, and it also can be configured with a 4K display. The OMEN 17 also remains very portable as it’s only 32.9 thin and also weighs seven pounds. Other highlights include:
- Powered by Windows 10
- DirectX 12 capable for spectacular gaming graphics
- The latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and 1070 graphics technology
- G-SYNC display technology, which optimizes gaming by synchronizing the display refresh rates to the GPU
- 6th generation Intel Core i5/i7
- PCIe SSD for rapid data access for faster load times
- Dragon Red backlit keyboard
- Optional Intel RealSense camera to log in with Windows Hello
- Quad speakers with audio by Bang & Olufsen and HP Audio Boost, great for Skype or gaming audio
Please find details about pricing and availability below:
- The OMEN X Desktop is planned to be available at select US retailers on October 16 with a configuration starting at $2,099.99. The OMEN X is planned to be available on HP.com on August 17 starting at $1,799 with the standalone OMEN X chassis with a starting price at $599.99.
- The Maingear OMEN X Desktop will be available to customers in early 2017 and pricing will vary.
- The OMEN 17 Laptop is planned to be available on HP.com starting at $1,599.99. For more information, visit HP.com.
If you’re PC gamer, let us know in the comments below what do you think of the latest HP OMEN gaming PCs.