How to fix the Xbox One YouTube app login bug
Since the official Xbox One YouTube app updated a few months ago, many users have been plagued with an infuriating bug that causes the app to log them out of their YouTube account.
Sometimes a user might be able to stay logged in for an entire day but more often than not the app logs people out within 30 to 40 minutes and requires them to reconnect their YouTube app and Xbox One console all over again. Thankfully there’s an easy way to get the app to remember your account by uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again. Here’s how.
- Find your YouTube app icon on your Xbox dashboard and press the menu button (the three lines) on your controller.
- Highlight Manage app and press A.
- You’ll now be taken to a screen that shows you how much memory the YouTube app is taking up on your console. There will also be a button that says Uninstall all. Highlight it and press A.
- You will be asked to confirm the deletion of the app. Once again, highlight Uninstall all and press A.
- Now with the app uninstalled, you can now reinstall it. Go to the Store on your Xbox dashboard and scroll down to the Browse apps row. Highlight Browse apps and press A on your controller.
- You should be able to easily find the YouTube app on this next page under the Most popular apps menu. Click on the YouTube icon and press on the Install link.
- After being reinstalled, the YouTube app should already have you logged in. If it doesn’t, simply log in again via the usual method. Happy viewing!
Have you been affected by this frustrating bug? Let us know in the comments below and follow us on YouTube for more Microsoft content.Further reading: Apps, Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox One, YouTube