With this update installed on a version of the game on an Xbox One X console, Homefront: The Revolution will render in a higher resolution than when played on an Xbox One or Xbox One S and will also experience improved framerates and higher quality textures. Xbox One X and S owners will both gain HDR support. Here’s the full list of improvements.
- The game is rendered in 3200 x 1800 which is a four times increase over the standard Xbox One version. This resolution will provide superior image quality on 4k TVs and a crisper, super-sampled image on 1080p TVs.
- All HUD and UI elements are rendered in native 4K for the highest quality image.
- The Time Splitters 2 arcade machine content is now rendered in native 4K.
- The game takes advantage of Xbox One X’s increased memory which will support more high quality textures on screen at any given time.
- Frame rate performance is further improved.
- HDR support has been added to both the Xbox One X and Xbox One S hardware.
Homefront: The Revolution is currently selling with a 70% discount in the store as part of a Deals With Gold campaign for Xbox Live Gold subscribers. There is also a free trial for those who want to try it before buying it outright.
Are you a fan of Homefront: The Revolution and have you played the game after this latest update yet? Let us know if you’re impressed by it in the comments below.