Here at WinBeta, we have a strong love for everything Microsoft, and a goal to bring you the best Microsoft content on the web. Our ever expanding team consists of Microsoft enthusiasts who want to give back to the Microsoft community. They work hard to respond to the latest in breaking news from Microsoft and its partners, in addition to crafting informative, yet fun, features, reviews and how-to pieces.
We are looking to expand our team with a new writer to fill one vacancy – are you up for the challenge? Do you want to join our family? This job is a fantastic stepping stone into the world of writing — one of our writers was hired by Microsoft!
Please note that we are looking for a writer to cover the hours between 6AM to Noon PST (we’ll work out a schedule with you to determine what days to work and exactly what hours to cover). Ideally, we want someone from the East coast or Europe who can be online to work as early as 6AM PST. Here are our requirements for those who apply:
- You must be 18 years or older. (Sorry, no exceptions)
- You must be able to accept criticism from editors and your fellow team members. No writer is perfect and mistakes can/will happen; your ability to accept criticism is very important.
- You must be able to write a minimum of 10 news stories per week, while contributing to WinBeta on a set time schedule.
- All posts are required to be Microsoft-centric, originally written, and not copy/pasted.
- Proficiency in proper grammar and the English language. We don’t expect you to be perfect, but we do expect you to know how to write.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must own a Windows PC and a DSLR/MILC camera. A newer Lumia phone with a great camera is good too.
- Ideal applicants should also own at least one of the following items – a Windows Phone, an Xbox One, or a Surface.
Our writers are a team and we collaborate as such. Writers who show dedication are rewarded and are also compensated. Writers who work hard can definitely make the equivalent of a well-paid part-time job or decently-paid full-time job. As writers advance, they will have the opportunity to attend special tech events and test out the latest gadgets OEMs have to offer! Writers also have the chance to promote and climb up the ranks!
If you are interested in writing for WinBeta, here are the important steps you must follow. Any submission that does not follow these simple steps will be disregarded for following instructions: Send an email to “[email protected]” with “WinBeta Job” in the subject line and introduce yourself. Be sure to include your name, your location, why you are interested in the position, any past publications you have written for, and why you believe you would be a perfect fit for the team. You are also required to send in some examples of your written work — show us that you can write — and attach a sample photo from your DSLR so we know you can take photos. Good luck!
Note: Due to the large number of applications, we may not respond to you immediately. We will select our top five picks out of the pool of applicants and notify them of their selection. We will then hire one writer and save the remaining four applicants for future positions. Any applicant who has not met our minimum guidelines indicated above will be auto-disqualified.Further reading: job, Microsoft, WinBeta