Over the past month, Microsoft has been rolling out updates to its Power Bi platform which helps companies transform standard data into visual, rich media. In a blog post, Fetiye Karaby, the Senior Program Manager for Power Bi, outlined the updates that have been made.
Several of the key improvements are:
Data Driven Alerts
- Set, receive, and manage alerts on your data
RLS Graduates from Preview
- The definition of RLS rules and rows is now moved to Desktop
- You can use the Analyze in Excel feature on RLS-enabled data
- Select a risk classification for the business data presented in a specific dashboard
Analyze in Excel
- Analyze your on-premises AS data in Excel
- We’ve improved the experience around installing Excel updates
- Added an admin setting to control Analyze in Excel functionality for on-premises AS data models
One of the big features over the past month is the data-driven alerts. Now companies can be alerted when metrics they select aren’t going quite the way they intended so that they can rapidly react to it.
You can read about the extensive improvements made to Power Bi on its blog, where Karabay goes into great detail about each improvement.Further reading: Data analysis, Excel, Microsoft, Power BI