Earlier today, Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14361 went live, offering a list of improvements for Windows 10 on PCs. Additionally, notable features and bug fixes were applied to Microsoft Edge, including:
- LastPass: The LastPass extension is now available to preview. You can download the extension from the Windows Store here. See the Known Issues section below for some known issues with this extension.
- Download notification improvements: We have updated the download notification in Microsoft Edge to include filename, download status, and site domain on separate lines.
- Fixed an issue on PC and Mobile that caused a grey bar to appear on the left side of the browser window in some situations
- Fixed an issue on PCs that would cause tab icons to disappear following some Remote Desktop connections
- Fixed an issue on mobile that would sometimes not scroll to results when using “Find in Page”
Also, the TCP Fast Open is now disabled by default. Users that want to enable the feature can do so under about:flags.
Of course with any new build, there are a couple of known issues that users might experience. In build 14361, Microsoft Edge users will notice that clicking on a file download link will open and immediately close the tab without downloading the file. Until this issue is fixed, an easy workaround is to go to the Download pane and saving the file through that.
Other known issues concerning the LastPass extension:
- Copying with keyboard shortcuts does not work in the LastPass extension popup
- Creating a new profile from the LastPass popup may crash the browser
- LastPass Vault fails to load when there are no items in the vault
- LastPass icons overlap the default placeholder glyphs for credential textboxes
- Password import is not currently supported
The inclusion of the LastPass extension is a much-anticipated step for Microsoft Edge. For more information on what came in today’s Insider build, check out our blog coverage post.Further reading: build 14361, LastPass, Microsoft, Microsoft Edge, Windows 10, Windows 10 Insider