Well it seems Gabe Aul and the rest of the Windows team would like to kick off the beginning of February with Windows 10 Mobile Insider preview build 10586.71. The new build was announced once again via Gabe’s Twitter account and should be making its way to mobile Insiders mid-morning February 1, 2016.
While it’s not a traditionally feature packed release, build 10586.71 does come with a hefty list of bug fixes for Windows 10 Mobile owners frustrated with the OS experience thus far.
Outline in the latest Windows blog post are fixes for:
- Windows Update performance and reliability improvements
- Improvements in migration of data profiles and messaging settings when upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
- SensorCore API’s are now upgraded correctly from Windows Phone 8.1; allowing applications, including many fitness applications, to correctly access movement data.
- SD card detection has been improved on boot and after insertion; File Explorer now handles the removal of an SD card when the default for apps or photos are set to SD.
- Improvements in the Edge browser, including PDF rendering.
- Bluetooth improvements when re-connecting to all ready paired devices and cars; turn by turn directions, and when using Cortana with the Microsoft Band.
- Improvements in Settings when downloading Maps or changing Quick Settings.
- Reinstalling Groove Music from the Windows Store no longer causes DRM music playback issues. Groove Music local song collections are now more quickly imported within the application
- Device power improvements after listening to music, after missed phone calls when iris detection is disabled, and when downloading updates.
- In app purchases now work correctly when cellular data is disabled.
- Improvements to the reliability of Kids Corner.
Again, while some Insiders would love to see more features added to the platform, others appear to be content with just having a stable and reliable mobile operating experience and the Windows team seems to be working hard to achieve that.
Happy downloading, Insiders!