Microsoft has released a fresh new 19H1 preview build for Fast Ring Insiders today, and this latest flight introduces several new features such as an improved Windows Light Theme, revamped printing options, Intelligent Active Hours for Windows Update, and more. As usual, this new build also brings a list of bug fixes and known issues, which you can read below:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue causing File Explorer to freeze when interacting with video files in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain x86 apps and games having blurry text rendering in the last few flights, where the text appeared to have a shadow.
- If you were seeing certain games launch to launch with an error citing unexpected kernel modification detected, please the games for available updates and let us know if you encounter further issues.
- When you hover over the navigation pane in Start, after a short period it will now automatically expand. This is something that a portion of Insiders have had for a little bit now, and after finding positive results we’re now rolling it out to all Insiders.
- We’re adding a shadow to Action Center, to match the shadow seen along the borders of our other taskbar flyouts.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some users not being able to set Win32 program defaults for certain app and file type combinations using the Open with… command or via Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the context menu not coming up when right-clicking an open app in Task View.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the touch keyboard not working correctly when trying to type Chinese with the Bopomofo IME.
- We made some improvements in the Narrator and Chrome browser experience.
- Narrator Scan Mode will more reliability toggle off when a user reaches the Word Online canvas, making it easier to type.
- We fixed a race condition resulting in blue screens if your PC was set up to dual boot in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing a PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bug check / green screen on resume from hibernate.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Network button on the sign-in screen not working recently.
- PDFs opened in Microsoft Edge may not display correctly (small, instead of using the entire space).
- The hyperlink colors need to be refined in Dark Mode in Sticky Notes if the Insights are enabled.
- Settings page will crash after changing the account password or PIN, we recommend using the CTRL + ALT + DEL method to change the password
- Due to a merge conflict, the settings for enabling/disabling Dynamic Lock are missing from Sign-in Settings. We’re working on a fix, appreciate your patience.
- Settings crashes when clicking on the “View storage usage on other drives” option under System > Storage.
- Remote Desktop will only show a black screen for some users.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
Now that Microsoft has finally shipped the October 2018 Update, the pace of new 19H1 builds should accelerate over the coming weeks. Microsoft hopefully has several new features in the pipeline, and we can’t wait to see what’s next.Further reading: build 18282, Fast Ring, Windows 10, Windows Insider