Microsoft may no longer have a giant marketing booth at CES, but the company's fingerprints remain all over the conference floor as its OEM partners introduce new devices housing Windows 10, Cortana or Windows 10 Mobile platforms.
Just ahead of the big unveilings of CES 2017, Toshiba is announcing the first of its new 2-in-1 entrants for the year and Microsoft is helping promote the device by offering a quick dive via its Windows Blog.
To meet the demands of the modern workplace, the Portégé X20W encompasses a 7th Generation Intel Core Processor, Windows 10 Pro, 12.5-inch diagonal Full HD multi-touch wide viewing angle display, Intel 802.11ac Wi-Fi and a solid state drive all inside its durable magnesium casing.
As with a growing number of 2-in-1's, the Portégé X20W is utilizing the industry consolidating 360-degree dual-action hinge allowing it to fold back into a tablet among other modes.
Other features of the Portégé X20W include:
- Premium audio experience via Harman Kardon stereo speakers and DTS Sound software. Toshiba’s exclusive custom-tuned speakers adapt to the rotational view of the display, delivering a robust, crisp and natural audio from every angle
- A USB Type-C port, USB 3.0 port and headphone/mic combo port. As the industry’s new universal standard, the USB Type-C port on the Portégé X20W features reversible plug orientation and supports Display, Power Delivery and Thunderbolt 3 with speeds up to 40Gbps
- All-new Corning Gorilla Glass 4, offering higher levels of damage resistance as it’s better able to withstand the shock of accidental bumps
- A 12.5-inch diagonal, Full HD (1920 x 1080), multi-touch wide viewing angle display packs over 2 million pixels onto the screen
- Included TruPen using Wacom Feel technology, which can detect 2,048 levels of pressure, perfect for taking notes, drawing on webpages in Microsoft Edge and using Windows Ink
- Compatibility with two advanced docking solutions– the Toshiba WiGig Dock and Toshiba Thunderbolt 3 Dock, which will be available later his quarter
So far, there are no pricing options, but we'll update as soon as they become available.