Here’s a list of features the next version of Disqus for Windows Phone will offer
Disqus is one of the most popular blog comment system on the internet. You must have seen it on many popular websites — yes, WinBeta’s comment system is also powered by Disqus. The service has a dedicated app for Windows Phone devices, which give users the ability to login, and post comments on their favorite blogs, follow users, upvote/downvote comments and more.
It appears the service will roll out a major update for Windows Phone in the coming days as the company has rolled out the Disqus 2.0 beta. The latest beta update comes with several enticing features on board, including the ability to log in or register using Facebook, Twitter and Google accounts from their smartphones.
The notifications you receive on your posts are also published in the action center, and yes, you also get the option to follow communities along with users. You can even manage your profile from within the app, so it has a lot to offer when it launches for the public.
Here’s a list of features which will be introduced with the upcoming update of Disqus for Windows Phone:
- You can now log in/register with Facebook, Twitter and Google accounts
- Follow communities in addition to users, which gets published in a brand new feed
- Notifications now include upvotes, new followers in addition to replies
- Notifications published to action center
- New trending feeds for topics (e.g. Tech, Business, News)
- User activity feeds now include favorites (stars)
- You may now update your profile and upload an avatar right from the app
The new Disqus update looks promising, and features plethora of interesting features on board. There’s no word about the time frame, but we’ll update you as soon as it rolls out. If you’re a Windows Phone user, you can check out the non-Beta Disqus app, and share your thoughts in the comments below.Disqus, Microsoft, Windows Phone