Late on Monday, Microsoft released a firmware update for the Surface 3. Unfortunately, at the time there was no changelog with the update, and Surface 3 users were left guessing as to what changes the firmware update actually delivered. Now a day later, Microsoft has officially unveiled the list of changes from the firmware update, and we are here to report it to you.
Overall, System Firmware Update – 8/8/2016 delivered changes to the Surface system aggregator, the Surface UEFI, Surface Pen settings, camera, and battery charging. Please see the full changelog below:
- Surface System Aggregator Firmware: v1.0.52500 improve proximity sensor for mobile broadband and Wi-Fi connections.
- Surface UEFI: v1.51116.178.0 adds commercial UEFI features and improves stability of the on-screen keyboar
- Surface Pen Settings: v12.0.303.1 improves the stability of the pen settings and prepares for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- Intel(R) AVStream Camera: v21.10586.6053.549 improves the stability of the camera.
- Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2401: v21.10586.6053.549 improves the stability of the camera.
- Microsoft Camera Front: v21.10586.6053.549 improves the stability of the camera.
- Microsoft Camera Rear: v21.10586.6053.549 improves the stability of the camera.
- Surface Platform Power Driver: v22.214.171.124 improves battery charging.
So there you have it! Those are the long awaited list of changes for the Surface 3 Firmware update. Have you noticed anything else that is new or improved? Please let us know your thoughts by dropping us a comment below.